Good news, everyone! This is the first enhanced release notes post about Allure TestOps releases from 3.162.0 to 3.169.2. Let’s look through all the features, improvements, and bug fixes coming up in each one. As the post covers 2 months of releases, I’ll make it less detailed. The next release notes review will be in two weeks, so we’ll dive deeper into each feature.
24 Mar – 3.169.2
- Fixed Defects matching.
Now Defects link with failed tests in runs started from the Allure TestOps interface.
- Fixed JIRA-issue parsing.
Webhook information parsing is fixed.
19 Mar – 3.169.1
- Added capability to start an empty build job from Allure.
From now, on for an empty job, all test cases in the CI project will be started and assigned to this job. Some time ago it was not possible to start such jobs.
- Test cases import is now moved to the test cases section.
- Fixed an issue with the test case creation in the tree.
When creating a test case in a tree the test case was not receiving default Custom Fields values and was dropped in the root of a project. Now, they don’t do it anymore.
18 Mar – 3.169.0
- The Project_ID is taken from the job run.
This improvement allows sending the test results to a project in Allure TestOps from which the job run was started. In this case, the project ID assigned to a build-job on the CI side will be ignored. And the job list will be clearer now.
- Integrations refactoring.
We have done a lot of refactoring and testing to Allure TestOps integrations preparing all the infrastructure to be more plugin-friendly. Feel free to submit any incorrect behavior.
- Pageable widgets.
Widgets now support grouping by pages. That’s neat! Just take a look:
- Fixed test case tree refresh rate during search typing.
Now the test case tree acts much more pleasant for your eyes.
- Fixed attachment edit in scenarios.All the situations of uneditable attachments in test scenarios are fixed. So, please, edit all the attachments you want.
09 Mar – 3.168.0
- Allowing GitLab / GitHub reusing job run.
Now, you don’t have to create one more job on GitLab / GitHub if you want to add more test results to an existing job.
- Fixed fields ordering.
UI performance fix for large datasets. Unfortunately, the code looks rather verbose now, but we’ll fix this soon.
07 Mar – 3.167.0
- We added nested steps support to CSV import.
Now, you can import much more complicated and detailed test cases with multi-level nested steps from CSV.
- We added a widget “Test case last execution status”.
A useful feature for tests run in multiple environments such as testing, stable, master, etc. After marking launches by tags or by env, the widget shows the latest test status in selected launches. This allows checking conditions of specific environments, such as testing or preprod.
- Fixed adding group into test case tree via click.
Now it just works!
02 Mar – 3.166.4
- Automatic assignment of manual test cases for a run.
This is a quite cool feature for large teams to save a lot of time for QA managers by automation of test cases assignment. Set the group in the run settings, and Allure TestOps will automatically assign manual tests to manual QA engineers equally.
The feature also works for manual test reruns.
23 Feb – 3.165.0
- Jobs view and setup on tests run.
All the jobs can be used to run tests are now displayed in the tab on the run settings page. So it’s easy to understand which job will run the tests.
The feature also allows reassigning and configuration of jobs for a launch. This is useful if you want to reassign the job to run tests, e.g. from PR job to Stable job on CI.
Another way to use the feature is to assign jobs for tests created in Allure TestOps.
18 Feb – 3.164.1
- Lazy launch stats loading.
Performance fix that made real-time launch statistics load faster.
11 Feb – 3.163.0
- New job’s attribute – “Job can be used to run tests” is added.
Allure TestOps saves all the jobs running tests, and it offered the latest job for tests executed in several jobs (e.g. master and PR). Occasionally that rule caused incorrect suggestions. The feature allows manually forbidding specific jobs to avoid rerunning tests on PR or deprecated jobs.
- We added tzdata for time zone changes.
Docker container now includes tzdata utility which allows setting the time zone for logs time synchronization.
11 Feb – 3.162.0
- Support for test plan RQL in test cases.
RQL now supports queries for getting tests on the test plan. The query is ’testPlan = 122’ and returns all the tests in the test plan with ID 122.
- Fixed Test cases and Test results tree performance.
Test cases and Test results tree now run faster.
- Fixed Launch Diff scenarios.
Fixed an issue causing all scenarios in Launch Diff to be viewed extended. Long automated test scenarios complicated the work with them in Diff view.
- Added missing indexes.
The Allure TestOps database will now run faster with new indexes.
- Fixed test case parameters.
The table view for parameterized test cases is back in the business. The previous build broke it, but we have fixed it.